Monday, July 21, 2008

Camping crash!

The Camping Extravaganza Begins!



Rock Cliff Campground, Heber Ut

We have had a marvelous summer for camping. Craig and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary with a romantic camping trip to Rock Cliff Campground. Our campsite was right next to the Provo River and the scenery was gorgeous. Robin graciously offered to watch our children so we could go on our get away. We were sooooo grateful because we haven't had a true "by ourselves" anniversary trip since I was pregnant with Zachary (l2 years ago). Thanks again Robin! Sorry, I forgot the camera so there aren't any pictures of the beautiful campsite, but this is a picture from the website and gives you an idea of the scenery.


The Homestead, Idaho






Our next camping adventure was the Homestead the following weekend (which is actually our anniversary weekend). We all had a wonderful time thanks to all the prep time and organization of Mom(Helen) and Dad(Clifford). One of my favorite memories is the 2year olds bathing in Mom's dish pans at the 'washing station'. Emmalee loved this and still talks about it. Jacqui and Robin I need copies of the digital pictures we took -for her scrapbook :) I lost my two boys (Connor and Zachary) for hours because they were off playing with cousins (my cousins' children) I'm so grateful that they are able to make these connections with family. Connor continues to text and call his cousins now that they are reaquainted. I think they have a end of summer party idea brewing at our house?! Love it! I enjoyed reacquainting with my own cousins and the greatest thing of all is how much my husband enjoys my cousins also and looks forward to seeing and getting reacquainted as well.

Ok, I have to say it, because everyone else has commented about it what is up with cousins packing heat! Are they waiting to "Cap a Cousin?" are they afraid we are going to be attacked by terrorists at the Homestead, ok maybe we are their definition of terrorists :)

Good times!!!!


Lebaron Lake, Beaver Ut




Our final camping trip was just this past weekend, we went to Lebaron lake up above Beaver in Fishlake National Park/State Park? ok I'm not sure if it was a national or state park, anyway it was absolutely gorgeous. We were right off the lake-Dennis, Patty, Taylor and Zach spent most of the time fishing. I began the Hobbit again (I know, I know its like the 15th time I've read it) I just love the book, its relatively short and who can resist hobbits anyway! We were completely innundated on Saturday with rain for about 2 hours then it cleared for awhile and rained again in the night. (Our new tent leaks at a few seams-anyone know what to get to waterproof seams?) We all stayed in our tent (condo as Paris calls it) including the dog who just gets better and better behaved everytime he comes with us. The second night he actually burrowed down to the bottom of Connor's sleeping bag to sleep (Connor said he only licked his toes a couple of times- can you say EEEEWWWW!) The only reason I even considered letting him sleep with Connor was because his bedding got really wet in the rainstorm and he was cold and shivering when we came in for the night. Am I becoming a dog person? The jury is still out.







Casey loved the lake! He saw Dennis out in the lake (with waders on) and went bouncing (imagine a bunny) out to see him through the grass and splash landed right in the lake- it was hilarious- honestly to see his face (can dogs blush?) There weren't any convinient showers or port a potties at this camp site. We had to drive to the one outhouse at the top of the hill, but we had a lot of fun. The girls found lots to entertain themselves with; Paris had Marisa, Emmalee seemed content to play in the dirt, blow dandilions and try to get the dogs to give her kisses.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Holy campers Batman! You are amazing. I must say I do love a good rainstorm when I am staying in a tent. Love the sounds but not the leaky seams! Sounds like you are having a great summer! In answer to your question. It does sound like you are becoming a dog person. Welcome. Arf, Arf.

Brenny said...

What fun! We need to go camping more. I'm glad Casey is adjusting to camping -- we are taking Bailey with us up to Shell and I'm nervous. She hasn't slept with us in a tent in over a year! I laughed about Casey licking Connor's feet. SO funny. And I'm really impressed that Casey jumped into the lake! You ARE becoming a dog person...

Jacqui said...

Wow, that is a lot of camping. I think Labaron sounds really nice. I've never heard of it before. Maybe we need to tkae a family trip out there...

Robin Fisher said...

My kids are still talking about the homestead, too. Ahh, what great memories. I am glad you got around to blogging :)