Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Football

OK. I entitled this post Football because it is on my mind now that Connor has started Freshman (yes, that's high school!) football. I never really got into the game in high school or college, although I went for the socializing at the statium (great way to make your guy friends happy). I guess I enjoy watching BYU play, when we are able to get tickets. Although, I think I drive my husband nuts asking questions about ref calls and plays trying to "cheer like I get it" I don't especially search it out during the tv season, although we always record the Super Bowl on the DVR (so we can fast forward to the commercials- I know pitiful!). But now that my oldest is embarking on the football quest I'm starting to see that I'm going to actually have to understand the game, help him memorize plays, attend and cheer (as though I get it) It will take up precious evenings, weekends etc... I am asking myself at this point if there was any way I could have possibly just said, "no" when he begged to play?! Selfish???? Yeah! Well so far he makes it to practice on his own, he's starting to seriously exercise so that he's in better shape for the grueling practices-all I can say is "Who Knew!!!" my teenage boy would find something (besides the girl I'm trying hard to make him forget about) to focus his time, energy on and get fit also. So here's to football! I just hope I can make it through! Please let him become obsessed with the game and forget about the girl !!!!!!! :) Now that I think about it I think I might just add that to my evening prayer tonight- ha ha.

3 comments:

Brenny said...

Wait. You fast forward THROUGH the Super Bowl commercials? That is the best part as far as I'm concerned. How did we grow up with a sports loving mom and somehow be so clueless about football? That has been my question for a while. I'm excited that one of my sisters will be learning. Maybe you could give us all a class...

I'm excited that Connor is starting football -- he'll be good! The coachs will be excited about his size -- maybe he could be a running back?

Good luck with having him forget about the girl.

The Church's said...

I can't believe Connor is old enought for football!! (and a girl too) That is crazy. It will be so fun to be the mom throught all this. I love your blog!!

Jacqui said...

Um, ya, I'm totally clueless about football. The only games I watch are college games and then only if BYU is playing (which we never get here in CO). I think I ask the same questions each time. I'd much rather watch basketball--it's more fast paced.