Thursday, October 16, 2008

Basement Bathroom #1 Progress

We've been slowly working on the 3/4 of our basement that remain unfinished. The electrician came two weeks ago and basicly rewired the unfinished rooms with separate switches and plugs, night lights in the hallway (which he left for me to install), and the washer and dryer plugs for the laundry room downstairs, etc. Anyway, this past weekend Dad and Mom came for Zach's birthday and ordination and Dad helped us get a cast iron tub in and put up the green board for the walls. We have a room! Thanks Dad, you were just the push we needed to keep going. Today, which is also Emmalee's birthday, I had the plumber here to finish the toliet, sink and shower valve. The travertine tile went in last night, and he came back this evening to finish the grout. I was working on the wainscot for the wall behind the toliet and sink, it isn't quite finished because we need to finish the mudding and taping this weekend before I put the top molding on. Progressss! We have a working toilet in the basement!

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Awesome! That looks great!

I can't believe I missed Emma's birthday. All day I kept wondering why the date sounded familiar. Whoops! Hope it was great!

Brenny said...

The bathroom looks great! I love the wainscotting. I should use it more...

Happy Birthday, Miss Emma Lee!

Robin Fisher said...

Wow! It will be quite the guest suite down there. May be we will get to use it now that we are moving "west."

Lisa said...

Cory found your blog! What a beautiful family you have. (Lisa Lombard Hamer) Love ya!

Kelli said...

The bathroom does look great. It is heaven getting a toilet in the basement! Ok maybe not exactly heaven but you know what I mean!