Sunday, October 5, 2008

The winning streak has been broken









As you all know our family's current pasttime is attending weekly football games to cheer our Spartans on. We played Springville this last week on Thursday night and finally met our match. I love Springville, as many know we lived there for about 13 years, it was great to be back in the city. I think that the Springville freshman team had 3x the number of players that we did... and they were all very large boys. Ok, I'm sure they weren't all huge, but the ones we walked by as we were leaving were taller than Connor or at least as tall- an Connor is one of maybe 4 on our team that are almost or are 6'0. Wow! I knew there was something in that Springville water. Anyway, about the loss. I have to say that our boys really played hard and did the best they could- hats off to the offense who time after time marched that ball down the field yard by yard to finally score. Springville won 40 to 15. We (Craig, Cory,Zachary, Paris, Emmalee, and Connor's friend McKenna) cheered until we were hoarse. Threw the football back and forth to each other (this was Emma's favorite thing to do), ate the worst Taco Bell meal I've ever had, and groaned as their fresh players shot past our players to score. The little girls danced to the music, and Zachary and Paris played catch on the sideline for a little while.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

Are you sure that McKenna is only 14? She looks like she's at least 16+. But she's a cutie. Too bad for connor, but I sure he still played hard.

Brenny said...

Sorry to hear about the game! How lousy, but still great that you were all there to cheer Connor on. I can't believe he is almost 6 feet tall!. McKenna is super cute. I always knew Connor would be a babe magnet. Tell the truth, how worried are you about this girl? :)

Robin Fisher said...

Sometimes loosing is a good thing--it helps knock you off your high-horse. I hope it didn't bruise their egos too badly. Emma looks so cute dancing.

Baby's got blue eyes said...

Mckenna is 14 but she is just one of a group of about 4 girls and several boys that connor hangs with on a regular basis. There is a little bit of like on both sides (from my casual mom observation)but they seem more like friends really, kind of like the group I hung out with in high school. She seems to have a pretty good head on her shoulders, she really doesn't let him get away with much, which frankly, I have to say I really like about her. I'm just sooooo glad that he's not mooning over one specific girl, he's always with the group. The others just couldn't make it to the game so just Mckenna came. Nice that they are supportive of the team.