Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Zachary's Science Fair Project






I suppose every parent of a 5th grader dreads the day they bring home the science fair assignment. Having already had the experience with Connor, I knew that it would mean countless hours of experiments on the kitchen floor or table. The late night push the night before the actual fair to finish the tri fold display board. Then the dread sets in... what is he/she going to choose? Connor chose a mouse trap car. Which meant hours of this wild thing whipping around my kitchen floor testing distance. Zachary chose to experiment on a Reed Switch Motor. Ok, first of all, I didn't even know what that was... where does he come up with these things- oh yeah, internet access.:) He chose to test the difference of the wire guage effect on the speed of the motor. My boys are so smart... its amazing their dad and I can keep up.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I'm glad to see that it turned out well. That was pretty cool when he showed it to me.

Brenny said...

I don't know what that is either... But science is cool. I hope he keeps it up!