Thursday, September 4, 2008

Go Spartans!

Our Spartan team played the (Alpine) Lone Peak Knights tonight. We won 36 to 6. Connor got to play Defense in the second half and I have to say (to all you mothers with boys) when he grabbed the player with the ball and took him to the ground- my heart swelled with pride- soccer has nothing on football!- I may be a football mom yet!! It was awesome ha ha! The people in front of us were a little concerned at how excited Zach and I got about that particular takedown. Who cares! I told him to ask his coach to let him play defense once in awhile- for his mom :) you know, the crazy lady in the stands (sorry, no cowbells) (where do you buy cowbells?! just kidding) If they keep winning we may be playing into November for playoffs. We'll see! We are going to have to invest in a couple more stadium blankets... it was kind of chilly tonight.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the fun football games! What fun! Keep warm!

Jacqui said...

That is so awesome! Post more photos of him playing...

Brenny said...

How fun, and I totally know what I'm getting you for your birthday.

Google search: Cowbells.

Robin Fisher said...

Sis, you live in a cow town--don't you know where to buy cowbells?

Jacqui said...

Robin, it's not like she could knock on the neighbor's door and ask. But I bet you could find a feed store in town, brenny...